[lug] network condition simulation

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Apr 19 15:06:06 MDT 2001

Quite a while back, I remember reading somewhere that there was a kernel
module or patch that would allow simulation of poor network conditions,
such as dropped packets (hopefully fragmentation as well). I can't
remember what it was or where, but at the time I remember that the patch
or module was already out of date and had problems compiling, so I never
pursued it. Now I need to do some local simulation with fragmentation,
and I'm wondering if anyone knows of something similar to this that I
can install to make a particular connection degrade in a controlled
manner?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com