[lug] counting keystrokes

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Fri Apr 20 04:22:34 MDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 12:12:25AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:28:40PM -0600, Ken Weinert wrote:
> >Or, perhaps, there is already a keyboard driver that does this sort of
> >thing. Surely you aren't the first to want to count keystrokes.
>
> There's a keyboard interrupt.  Divide the number in /proc/interrupts by 2.

But what happens if you hold down the arrow keys for scrolling etc.
Doesn't the keyboard fire interrupts like hell (it looks like this
on my box ;-) ?

 Ralf

P.S.: the kernel keyboard driver _would_ be a good place to put this
depending on what exactly one wants to count. What about characters
entered with multiple keypresses (yes, we europeans occasionally use
some of these ... )