[lug] what does kudzu do?

Erick Bodine erick at xpedite.com
Fri Apr 20 11:01:11 MDT 2001

I have installed RH Linux in a multi-server chassis that allows you to move the CDROM back and forth between systems.  When I move the CDROM, the system that had it now starts probing for it.  Since I do not really care after the installation whether or
not the CDROM is there I am running kudzu to remove the CDROM drive from system configuration.  After I run kudzu, the cdrom device is still listed in /etc/fstab so I was wondering what was going on.  Anyone out there know what kudzu does in the
background?

Erick Bodine