[lug] problem with DHCP/Samba/something

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Apr 21 15:48:07 MDT 2001

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 02:46:35PM -0600, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>I've set my Linux box as a DHCP server and it works well enough
>to satisfy the Win2K laptop I use at work. But it isn't making
>my regular Win98 box happy. There is some kind of contact:

On the Windows box, run "winipcfg".  This will show you the IP address it
has on different interfaces, and will allow you to request a DHCP lease
renewal manually.

I've never had a problem with getting Windows to pick up a DHCP address
though (well, except when I had shut down the DHCP server ;-).  So I
probably won't be much good as far as debugging it.

Sean
--
 If you have too many special cases, you are doing it wrong.
                 -- Craig Zerouni