[lug] pop3 can't open mailbox

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Sat Apr 21 17:19:39 MDT 2001

It may be that you have a rogue pop process that has it open and won't let
go.

So kill any ipop3d processes that you own, cp your mail spool out of the
way.  Remove the old one, cp the new one back to what the old one was and
you should be good to go.

e.g.

generic at localhost% killall ipop3d
generic at localhost% cp /var/spool/mail/generic /var/spool/mail/generic.new
generic at localhost% rm /var/spool/mail/generic
generic at localhost% cp /var/spool/mail/generic.new /var/spool/mail/generic

Hugh

"jason at matchingmoms.com"