[lug] networking

Dhruva Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 06:03:48 MDT 2001

Jason,

Do you have "www.powerpull.net" mapped to
192.168.0.200?  I'm not sure why "powerpull.net" is
not resolving.  Are you actually on the
"powerpull.net" domain (i.e., do you actually have the
rights to it?).

Nothing in your /etc/network/interfaces really jumps
out at me, but here is an excerpt from the /etc/hosts
file on my desktop machine:

127.0.0.1       greatspacetoaster       localhost
192.168.1.101   greatspacetoaster

And here is an excerpt from the one on my laptop (why
I don't have the IP mapped to the machine name eludes
me at the moment):

127.0.0.1       localhost       conkulator4

Both of my machines are behind a firewall (I don't
know whether this makes a difference or not).

Hope this helps,
Dhruva "I don't remember what I was smoking, nor do I
know where you can score some" Reddy