[lug] Summer BBQ?

Dan Kuester lurgyman at babylonia.flatirons.org
Mon Apr 23 14:10:28 MDT 2001

Scott Carpenter does have parking, and I think that it has BBQ equipment

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, J. Wayde Allen wrote:

> Scott Carpenter park near 30th and Arapahoe I hear is nice, thought it
> doesn't have much in the way of cover if it gets to hot or rains, IIRC.

Yes, it is pretty nice.  Don't know about parking or the existence of BBQ
equipment though.  Someone would have to check.  I think the skateboard
park is right next door though - if that is important?

> I really like Eben G. Fine park near the mouth of Boulder Canyon, around 4th
> and Arapahoe. Parts are very shady, it has the Boulder Creek running right
> through, covered areas, and space for a volleyball net. It may be a bit
> crowded though.

Yes, that is a good option, but as you noted it is also fairly popular
place.  The last event I attended there was the Kayak rodeo put on by the
Boulder Outdoor Center a couple years ago.

> And if we're talking about a group outing, Elitch's might be a cool option.

Indeed!

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)