[lug] aliases

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Tue Apr 24 22:25:09 MDT 2001

I have had a similar task I had started from the /etc/mail/virtusertable
then discovered I needed to add the multiple users to alias.  I did also
run the 'newaliases' command but also ended up doing a 'service sendmail
restart'.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:22:03 -0500 (CDT)
> From: charles at lunarmedia.net
> To: LUG-DISCUSS <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
> Subject: Re: [lug] aliases
>
> > I don't suppose that you added craig and tony to an already existing
> > alias and then forgot to run the newaliases command?  Just a reminder that
> > you need to run the newaliases command for changes to the aliases file to
> > take affect.
> >

> 	yes. i tried a few things to start troubleshooting. first, i
> 	removed the " " space between each user:
>
> 	abuse:	charles,tony,craig
>
> 	i've also, been using the init script to restart sendmail which
> 	i believe issues newaliases:
>
>         echo -n "Starting sendmail: "
>         /usr/bin/newaliases > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> 	i tried running 'newaliases' alone and still nothing.
> 	i am not sure if possibly the problem is involving the init script
> 	or not. i was just curious to hear if anyone had run into this
> 	exact problem.
>
> 	thanks.

Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org