[lug] 8mm video vs. data tapes

Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Wed Apr 25 09:52:56 MDT 2001

I dunno, but I do know that the reverse is possible.  I grabbed some 8mm
data carts that we were going to throw out here at work, and use them in my
8mm camcorder.

The only thing that I would worry about when using 8mm camcorder tapes in a
data drive is the tape quality.  My understanding is that tapes that fail
the "data" test are then tested for "camcorder" quality...  I could be
wrong, however...

Viggy