[lug] X/Gnome/Sawmill problem

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Apr 25 11:17:14 MDT 2001

Thanks, that actually worked!

While I'm at it, do you have any idea why Alt-Tab, which usually
cycles through windows in a workspace, sometimes jumps to another
workspace and starts cycling through the windows there?

Or why tkcvs works fine from the command line, but says
"Cannot read /CVSROOT/modules Check file permissions!"
when started from a launcher in the panel? Note:

glenn/$ ps -ef | grep tkcvs
glenn      938     1  0 11:05 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/gnome-terminal -x export CVS_RSH=ssh; tkcvs
glenn      946   938  0 11:05 ?        00:00:00 wish /usr/bin/tkcvs --

Compare to:

glenn/$ tkcvs &
[1] 970
glenn/$ ps -ef | grep tkcvs
glenn      970   954  1 11:08 pts/4    00:00:00 wish /usr/bin/tkcvs --
glenn/$

Or why Netscape sometimes opens in a non-existent workspace?

Or why netscape-remote causes a segmentation fault?

(I am looking forward to Debian KDE).

Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~glenn/public_html/Welcome.html