[lug] cvs pserver

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Apr 25 12:37:22 MDT 2001

Dhruva Reddy wrote:

> ssh is always good, but if this is an internal
> repository and you trust everyone within your network,
> I see no reason you can't use pserver.

This is on an internal network used only by me, firewalled from ppp
interface to the outside world. In any case, unless I am mistaken, the
pserver set simply changes the CVS_RSH method to use ssh instead of rsh,
so on; which means that if I manage to connect via ssh it will once
again search for that /root/.cvsignore file. Perhaps I did it wrong, but
in an attempt to use ssh I set this variable, it allowed me to login,
but still died when trying to export anything due to wanting to read
/root/.cvsignore (the login user was a regular user that can access the
machine locally without problems).

> Have you looked at this CVS user's guide?
>
> http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs/doc/cvs_2.html#SEC26
>
> This has gotten out of trouble many times.

I've been poking around there (as well as in a book), and can't seem to
find any reference as to why /root/.cvsignore must be readable for this
to work. I'm tempted to remove and reinstall cvs, but I have a feeling
that whatever config problem I have it would still be there.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com