[lug] cvs pserver

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Apr 25 15:30:43 MDT 2001

Ken Weinert wrote:

> Did you run the command "cvs -d repository_name init"
>
> Also, the name ".cvsignore" implies it is coming from the local
> directory. i.e., it is looking for a file that contains patterns of
> files to ignore on checking. If the name is "cvsignore" (no leading
> dot), then it should be looking for it in the $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/ directory.

Further attempts at setting it up with ssh were successful. But this one
still remains a mystery, since the pserver failure explicitly names the
full path to /root/.cvsignore. I suspect that what Tom Tromey is
considering as possible in the next email probably is the case, where
pserver runs as root. Anyway, I'm going to ignore pserver since ssh
works now.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com