[lug] In-depth Look at JXTA on the O'Reilly Network (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Thu Apr 26 10:18:07 MDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Denise Olliffe <deniseo at oreilly.com>
To: wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Subject: In-depth Look at JXTA on the O'Reilly Network

FYI:

Today Sun launched Project JXTA, an open source infrastructure for
peer-to-peer services and applications. Simultaneous with Sun's
announcement and webcast, OpenP2P.com and O'Reilly Network have
published a package of JXTA articles including the first in-depth look
at the JXTA shell, and I thought you would be interested.

The JXTA Position
by Richard Koman * April 25, 2001
An overview of our package of JXTA articles.
http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2001/04/25/jxta.html

Learning the JXTA Shell
by Rael Dornfest * April 25, 2001
The first inside look at the nuts and bolts of the JXTA shell, the
first P2P application built on JXTA.
http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2001/04/25/learning_jxta.html

The JuxtaNet
by Kelly Truelove * April 25, 2001
Why JuxtaNet, the public JXTA network, may become more popular than
Gnutella.
http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2001/04/25/juxtanet.html

JXTA Takes Its Position
by Rael Dornfest  * 4/25/01
An analysis of JXTA's architecture.
http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2001/04/25/jxta_position.html

Hello, JXTA!
by Raffi Krikorian * 4/25/01
A walkthrough of a P2P application using JXTA's Java binding, published
on ONJava.com.
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/25/jxta.html

Bios
Richard Koman is managing editor of O'Reilly Network's OpenP2P.com and
editor of several O'Reilly titles.  Rael Dornfest has been a member of
the JXTA's Technical Advisory Committee during its pre-launch
development, and he is the developer of O'Reilly Network's Meerkat, an
open wire service. Kelly Truelove is the founder and CEO of Clip2,
where he has led the company's efforts on P2P systems, distributed
search, and Gnutella. Raffi Krikorian is a Java security advocate and
expert developer.

O'Reilly Network
http://openp2p.com/
http://www.oreillynet.com/
http://www.onjava.com/

The O'Reilly Peer-to-Peer and Web Services Conference
September 17-20, 2001  Washington, DC
http://conferences.ora.com/

--Denise