[lug] commandline alias

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Apr 27 18:21:46 MDT 2001

Hi,

I have a ".alias" file in my home directory that I fill with lines like:

alias bye=logout
alias bey=bye

Then at the end of my .bashrc file I have a line which says:

source $HOME/.alias

If you are using a csh derivative instead, ( type "echo $SHELL"
and see whether it says "csh" or "tcsh" ) then the alias
format is:

alias bye logout
alias bey bye

Of course then the source line goes at the bottome of your .cshrc
file instead.

Scott