[lug] Big Brother taking over!

Holshouser, David dholshou at ball.com
Mon Apr 30 09:13:22 MDT 2001

is DSL necessary for some reason?

checkout www.sprintbroadband.com
It is a RadioFrequency (2.4ghz range, is that still considered RF?) wireless
technology that is available throughout the denver metro++ area that costs
(after pricey setup fees) $45/mo.

I've seen their unique diamond shaped 'dishes' all the way from north
longmont down to southern highlands ranch.

I believe the garaunteed bandwidth is something like 256kbs up and 512kbs
down (with download ranging up to 5mbs). I've heard the variation comes from
their overall bandwidth usage. Since it is RF, I don't believe you are
sharing quite like with a cable modem, but one person at work hear thought
there may be something going on with the 'sharing' of frequencies.

They offer commercial services as well but the website doesn't offer much
explaination about what that gives you.

I don't have it yet but plan on it soon, since I live in Longmont and plan
to move to Erie. Two places with no broadband access other than this, and
none expected for years.