[lug] Big Brother taking over!

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Mon Apr 30 09:20:56 MDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Holshouser, David wrote:

> checkout www.sprintbroadband.com
> It is a RadioFrequency (2.4ghz range, is that still considered RF?) wireless
> technology that is available throughout the denver metro++ area that costs
> (after pricey setup fees) $45/mo.

Problem is, longmont is in the shadow of a hill. Latency on the system is
almost as bad as satellite-based services.

At this point I can't even get Qwest DSL in longmont, despite my wires to
the CO being less than a mile long. Mainly because they've pairgained the
hell out of the CO there.

CLECs? what CLECs? THey all went bankrupt. The telecom act of 1996 is a
joke. It hasn't done a damned thing to help competition.

-Ian

--

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man did we'd all be running
around darkened rooms swallowing pills and listening to repetitive