[lug] job

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Mon Apr 30 10:24:59 MDT 2001

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, luke p wrote:

> I know i shouldn't advertise myself here nor ask a non linux question but
> when desperation sets in, you'll do a lot to get a descent job. I am
> currently a highschool student looking for a job in a technical field. i'm
> not an expert at any one thing, but i know a lot about a wide range of
> technology, hardware and software. i'm not worried about pay, but i am
> willing to learn and learn and learn. just really looking for a job that i
> can really educate myself in a tech field, and as this is a LUG, if i can
> learn more about linux, the better.

OK, but what kind of job are you looking for?  You won't get too many
takers without providing this kind of info.  You might also want to sit
down and make a list of your skills, then put these together into a
resume'.  DON'T make your resume' any longer than a single page though!

Beyond this, there are a good number of on-line job listings.  If you have
any interest in working at the Boulder Labs try:

   http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/employment.htm
   http://www.masc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/vac_stat.pl?app=VACANCY

There are work study programs here for students, especially if you are
enrolled at a College or University.

Hope that helps.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)