[lug] Idle connections on Mandrake

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Mon Apr 30 16:18:19 MDT 2001

At 03:44 PM 4/30/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I just installed Mandrake 8.0 on a machine and notice that if I connect to
>the machine that the connection appears to timeout and I lose that
>connection.  I'm using ssh to connect.  When connecting to a RedHat 6.2
>machine, the connection stays open just fine, so it's not the network or ssh
>client.  Any ideas where to start looking?
>
>Thanks,
>Chip

Is the timeout happening on a suspiciously even number of minutes (30 or
60)? Is the server masquerading? I spent many days trying to track down a
timeout that turned out to be in masquerading. By default, I believe the
masquerade mapping times out after 60 minutes.

-Mike

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.