[lug] Big Brother taking over!

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue May 1 09:36:09 MDT 2001

My understanding was that Qwest wouldn't allow any other ISPs to offer
DSL service through their wires.  But what you are saying is that Qwest
simply stops offering ISP services and will refer DSL customers to MSN
by default.  If that is what's really going on then this thread would
mostly be smoke without fire.

Ferdinand

jafo at tummy.com wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:48:28PM -0600, Deva Samartha wrote:
> >It looks as if QWEST.net's is being replaced by MSN and if one does not
> >like the switch - hit the road again.
>
> There are two components to the qwerst DSL service.  One is the line, which
> you get from QWest Communications, which provides you a pipe to an ISP.
> The other is the ISP (which in your case sounds like QWerst.net).  Nice
> thing about it is that if you don't like one ISP, you can select another.
> I've been pretty happy with FRII, but there are probably at least a dozen
> different ones to select from.
>
> Sean
> --
>  Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean
>  it's useless.  -- T. Edison
> Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at tummy.com>
> tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python

Ferdinand Schmid
http://www.archenergy.com
303-444-4149 x231