[lug] Linux on Laptops

Crawford Rainwater rainwac at netzero.net
Tue May 1 15:04:22 MDT 2001

IBM has Caldera on their ThinkPad Model A and
Model T series, preloaded.  You would have to
check their website for the specific models and
unit specs (most are Intel P3, 500MHz+ processors,
64MB or 128MB RAM base from memory).

On mine, I have had success with Slackware (ThinkPad
A21p model, preloaded with W2k) and going to be
putting SuSE on it soon.  I suspect RedHat should
run on it as well just as fine since IBM is pushing
RedHat classes locally in Boulder (per rumor).

--- Crawford
rainwac at attglobal.net

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access