[lug] Wireless ISP - Sprint Broadband

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed May 2 18:21:45 MDT 2001

HI,
Recently someone mentioned the latency issues with this service.  So I
asked a Sprint technician today and found out that 80 ms .. 200 ms would
be typical ping times.  For comparison - it takes me up to 70 ms to ping
sites on the east coast through our T-1 at work (west coast is really
fast).

Since I can't get DSL I had ordered the service and based on
measurements our house gets a decent enough signal.  So once the snow is
off our roof I will let you all know what performance I observe.

This may actually be the end of dial-up service for me - after 16 years
of modem use (first BBS, the last 6 years with direct Internet access) I
am ready for a change!

Ferdinand
--
Ferdinand Schmid