[lug] A war to Free World?

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Thu May 3 13:19:44 MDT 2001

I think that they are really worried that if they use(d) any of this
substandard and vulnerable GPL code in their own product, that they'll be
forced to release parts of their codebase under the GPL.

It's actually a legitimate concern, since their codebase could be "GPL
booby-trapped" by a disgruntled employee, and now that they are actually
exposing their code to their partners, this fact could be discovered.

The fact of the matter is that the FSF has always been extremely cordial
when trying to resolve GPL license disputes. (Though one must wonder how any
meeting between the evil empire and the FSF over a GPL violation would
go...)