[lug] So far, so good

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri May 4 13:28:45 MDT 2001

Gary Hodges wrote:

> Quick update on my Netscape post(s).  I upgraded to 4.77 earlier this week, and Netscape hasn't crashed, or run away with sys resources yet.  This is compared to 2-5 times a day with 4.76.  So like the subject says, "so far, so good."  I may be shooting myself in the
> foot by posting this, but there has been a noticeable improvement.
>
> As an aside...  I also installed the newest version of Opera.  I only tried it a bit, but it rendered every page I commonly view just fine.
>
> Gary

When I upgraded from 4.76 to 4.77 I did get some increased instability.
At times when I open multiple browser windows it suddenly just goes
away. No lockups though. When I did notice lockups on 4.76, it appears
that the "dns-helper" could be killed and get response back. One thing
that possibly makes this different is I'm running it on SMP systems.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com