[lug] Linus's response to Mundie

Kirk Rafferty kirk at rafferty.org
Fri May 4 14:03:53 MDT 2001

You'll be happier with Alan Cox's reply then.
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-05-04-006-20-PS

At the risk of being sacrilegious, I think Linus blew it.  His response,
while filled with a couple good one-liners and quotes, sounded to me like
the jealous inventor lashing out at anyone who dares to criticise his
brainchild (yeah, I know he didn't invent the GPL, OSS, etc).  Linus went
on the the defensive, when he should have taken the opportunity to shoot
down, point by point, Mundie's FUD.  After all, Linus Torvalds has nothing
to be defensive about.  I hate to say it, but Linus Torvalds isn't the best
spokesperson for Linux.

(hey, you're not archiving this, are you? :-)

-k