[lug] Linux as a router for 2 DSL lines.

jafo at tummy.com jafo at tummy.com
Sat May 5 05:04:13 MDT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 07:29:09PM -0600, Jason Vallery wrote:
>home networks so that we can share both DSL lines? My original thought
>was an approach similar to "shotgunning" an analog modem. Setting up the

The "shotgun" stuff was a box with two analog modems in it.  It used the
Multi-point PPP support which is available on most modem terminal servers
to make two lines look like one.

I don't know of any DSL equipment at ISPs which has a similar capability.
So, the best you could do would be to set up the two lines so that you
would alternate between them or something...  If you want a download to go
twice as fast, have the speed of your line doubled and drop one of the
lines...

Sean
--
 Microsoft treats objects like women, man...
                 -- Kevin Fenzi, paraphrasing the Dude, 1998