[lug] 2 NICs Same subnet

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Tue May 8 18:53:49 MDT 2001

maybe but why.

you may have difficulties if they are the same model of nic (kernel only
supports one module in some cases).  Sometimes you have to do a boot time
arg to the kernel

ether=7,0x300,eth0 ether=9,0x260,eth1

where nic one is at irq 7 and io 0x300.

then do the configging of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth[01]

why do you want two nics on the same subnet, are you really going to have
that much network traffic on the subnet that you want two nics.  usually
people put in two nics so that it can be multihomed.

If you can give more details about the nics we can probably give more
specific help.

Hugh

"Stephen Smith"