[lug] What's up with the NIST time servers

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed May 9 09:24:22 MDT 2001

Wayde,
Thanks for your help.  I posted to this list rather than trying to
contact NIST directly to first eliminate error on my part.  My hope was
someone would speak up and say it works for me or I have a similar
problem.  I just didn't want to create unnecessary work for the NIST
guys.

Ferdinand

"J. Wayde Allen" wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>
> > For the last 2 years or so I had very reliable results with
> > synchronizing my computers to the NIST time service at
> > time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov.  During last few months however I noticed
> > that those servers are rarely available anymore.
> >
> > Are those machines too overloaded at this time or is there something
> > else that I should be aware of?
> >
> > Just curious what might be going on - so far I was always able to find a
> > reliable time source one way or another.
>
> I don't have an answer for you on this, but have CC'd this to Dr. Judah
> Levine in the NIST Time and Frequency Division.  He may be able to help
> you.
>
> - Wayde
>   (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

Ferdinand Schmid