[lug] Gnuplot window scaling

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed May 9 14:42:15 MDT 2001

OK, I like Gnuplot for making quick and dirty graphs of things.  However,
lately I'm getting rather odd behavior with the size of the plot windows.

It seems that the program itself is plotting things OK, but the window
that opens to show the graph often is the width of my screen but only
about 1/2 inch tall or sometimes postage stamp sized.  What is worse is
that I can't seem to grab the corners of these windows and resize them.
Using the window size toggles in Gnome (I think) I can force the window to
a decent size, but this is a bit awkward.

Let's see, this is a sort of recent Debian installation on an old Pentium
machine (Gateway P5-166):

   Debian 2.2
   Linux version 2.2.17
   gcc version 2.95.2 20000313