[lug] Gnuplot window scaling

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed May 9 15:55:45 MDT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> I've seen this behavior as well, often after Netscape has run into
> a resizing windoid javascript.
>
> Restarting Netscape will often stop it.

I have restarted gnuplot several times and that didn't seem to fix it.

However, I got tinkering after I sent out the question.  Went and played
with the gnome move & resize settings.  I guess it is the gnome system and
not enlightenment.  I don't have a particularly clear understanding where
these things begin and end I guess.

After tweaking these settings and restarting gnuplot things look much
better although I'm fairly certain I put the settings back to where they
were before starting all of this.

Fixed - or just a temporary bandage?

I'm concerned that as more layers of graphical interfaces and
configuration wizards get added Linux may indeed begin to compete with
MSWindows on fairly even footing <wink>.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)