[lug] Newbie X-window questions

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Thu May 10 10:14:03 MDT 2001

This seems like a good idea: I didn't know VNC was an X server.  So
you can run Gnome, KDE, whatever on it, right?

I think the big    advantage is recreating your work desktop at home.
I think the big disadvantage is recreating your work desktop at home.

How well does or would this work over a 56K line (which tends to
connect at 31.2K)?

Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~glenn/public_html/Welcome.html