[lug] Newbie X-window questions

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Thu May 10 10:53:50 MDT 2001

* Glenn Murray (gmurray at Mines.EDU) [010510 16:18]:
> This seems like a good idea: I didn't know VNC was an X server.  So
> you can run Gnome, KDE, whatever on it, right?

	I would presume so - I'm running enlightenment.

> I think the big    advantage is recreating your work desktop at home.
> I think the big disadvantage is recreating your work desktop at home.

	Well, as I said it works well for me - it's handy having the
same windows/apps open when I go to work from home.

> How well does or would this work over a 56K line (which tends to
> connect at 31.2K)?

	I'm not real sure - I can tell you, however, that running the X
client across the modem line is *much* better than running the win
client.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/