[lug] AT&T CABLE MODEM

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon May 14 09:02:30 MDT 2001

Yuko,
Do you have the SuSE handbooks?  If so then I suggest you take a look at
the technical guide and the configuration handbook.  Those are both very
valuable!
Also:  Did you try to use Yast2 to configure your network card?  What type
of configuration did you pick.  I assume the cable modem wants to do dhcp.
So you'll need to configure your card for that.  If your card configuration
is corrupt you can shut down your computer and remove the card.  Then boot
up - this will remove the card configuration.  Then shut down again, remove
the card and boot back up.  Yast (either Yast1 - the text utility or Yast2
- the graphical utility) will now show you the card that the system
detected.  Then use Yast to configure your card for dhcp and enter the AT&T
gateway and DNS info.  Just click around Yast2 a bit and you'll find what
you are looking for.  I really found Yast the best and easiest Linux
configuration tool to date!  Yast2 is still a bit buggy but Yast1 works
beautifully.

Ferdinand