[lug] Wireless ISP - Sprint Broadband

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon May 14 09:00:39 MDT 2001

Aside from the obvious chokepoint and single point of failure problem, I would also be concerned about privacy.  Proxy logs typically record very detailed information.  I would ask them very nicely to write a rule that exempts you and further recommend that they make the proxy an 'opt-in' (non-transparent) service.  If they put up a fight, you could say you need to reach non-HTTP services on port 80/tcp and their proxy is in your way.

-John