[lug] Wireless ISP - Sprint Broadband

B O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Mon May 14 11:03:20 MDT 2001

Ian Hall-Beyer wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>
> > he told me is that they installed several sites since last November with
> > trees between the antenna and their radio tower.  Now as these trees are
> > growing leaves they keep getting service calls because of high packet
> > loss, which is sometimes also perceived as high latency.
>
> Yes, microwave energy doesn't get through water very well. Leaves tend to
> have rather high water content.
>
> The sprint techs should have realized this when the made those installs,
> that the trees would get leafy in the summer - this is a fairly regular
> and normal thing for trees to do, after all.

Sounds like incompetence on the part of the Sprint people who created
Broadband not to allow for this.

Who can we sue? <g>

--
B. O'Fallon
bof at americanisp.net

"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three
unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the
prudence
never to practice either." - Mark Twain