[lug] Disconnectin user / Closing idle connections

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Wed May 16 11:51:13 MDT 2001

along with the who output you will see what terminal they are on

hugh     pts/0    -                12:22pm  0.00s  0.08s  0.02s  w

then do a ps -t pts/0 and you will find all of the processes that are on
that terminal

[hugh at home hugh]$ ps -t pts/0
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
32158 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
32614 pts/0    00:00:00 ps

then you just start killing processes.  I have found that it usually good
enough to send a -HUP to the "last" process and then the parents of that
process will exit on their own.

All of the killing has to be done as root.

Hugh

"Shannon Johnston"