[lug] modem support

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Wed May 16 19:27:44 MDT 2001

luke p wrote:

> Hey,
> I'm having trouble getting my modem configurated under linux. yes, i'm sure
> its not a winmodem, though i havn't been able to get it working myself, i've
> found places that say it is possible and others saying its not, that there
> are no drivers. its a Creative Modem Blaster, DI5660, ISA card. any one else
> out there had luck with this?

Sorry, but according to the Linux/Modem Compatibility Knowledge Base
(http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/20010302a.html) the DI5660 IS a "losemodem".

The DI5601 is a real modem, as is the Aopen FM56.

You might even try a U.S. Robotics 2976 PCI modem - that definitely works with
Linux, after a little "setserial" magic (and telling the BIOS to give the modem
its own interrupt).

But I suspect you're out of luck with the DI5660.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)