[lug] NIS: Linux->Solaris

Anders Knudsen anders.knudsen at broadlogic.com
Thu May 17 09:55:01 MDT 2001

At 07:54 AM 5/17/2001 -0400, Hugh wrote:
>Are you using md5 passwords on the linux box and does solaris default to
>that?

Good question. I know the linux box is using shadow passwords. But...how do
I check if it's using md5? I don't think it is.
I'll have to check the solaris side. I know that solaris does not support
shadow passwords over NIS. However, that's solved, since the symptom for
that problems is seeing an 'x' in the passwd field when doing a 'ypcat
passwd' (I don't see an 'x'.)

-Anders.