SUCCESS! (was: [lug] NIS: Linux->Solaris)

Anders Knudsen anders.knudsen at broadlogic.com
Thu May 17 12:23:23 MDT 2001

Thank you all who responded. MD5...that was it.
I disabled MD5 on my linux box. I had to reenter my password and re-init
the yp database.
That did it. I now can log in on my solaris box.

As far as reverting all passwords from MD5...i guess since MD5 is a 1-way
hash algorithm, there would be no going back. So I'll just have to have all
my users log in and reenter their passwords. No big deal, since we're a
small shop here.

<big smile>

-Anders.