SUCCESS! (was: [lug] NIS: Linux->Solaris)

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu May 17 14:49:05 MDT 2001

It's my understanding that Linux-PAM can be compiled and installed on Solaris to replace the Sun implementation.  Can't confirm that firsthand, though.

-John

Hugh Brown wrote:

> It seems like there ought to be a way
> to have solaris do md5 stuff rather than make linux stop doing it.  Anyone
> have any experience in that regard?
>
> Hugh
>
> "Anders Knudsen"
> >
> > Thank you all who responded. MD5...that was it.
> > I disabled MD5 on my linux box. I had to reenter my password and re-init
> > the yp database.
> > That did it. I now can log in on my solaris box.
> >
> > As far as reverting all passwords from MD5...i guess since MD5 is a 1-way
> > hash algorithm, there would be no going back. So I'll just have to have all
> > my users log in and reenter their passwords. No big deal, since we're a
> > small shop here.
> >
> > <big smile>
> >
> > -Anders.

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |