[lug] CGI Generated PDFs and MS Explorer 5.5 Problems...

Erik Tennant tennant at webpd.com
Thu May 17 20:13:42 MDT 2001

I'm not sure how this list is moderated-- I'm not sure if this message will
even get through or end up in the right spot.. However, I thought I would
send in a comment on the thread about getting Evidently 5.5 to correctly
recognize pdf files, just in case it might be useful to someone searching
the archives.

In my case, the user selected several checkboxes, and then submitted an
HTML form which POSTed to a servlet that generated a pdf based on their
selections..  I changed my form from a POST to a GET.. and IE
auto-magically started to recognize the pdf correctly. Don't ask me why, I
don't know.  Evidently IE doesn't pay any attention to the Content-type
header that is returned from a POST url request..??  strange..

Netscape worked fine with either a GET or a POST.

-Erik Tennant