[lug] LaTeX and distilling to PDF

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri May 18 10:00:57 MDT 2001

I've recently been working on some technical papers writen in LaTeX, and
although the papers print fine I seem to be having probelms distilling
them to pdf.  The commands I've used are:

   latex documentsource.tex
   bibtex documentsource
   latex
   latex
   dvips -o document.ps documentsource.dvi

Like I said before this results in a postscript file (document.ps) that
prints fine on a postrscript printer.  However, when I run this through a
pdf distiller, either ps2pdf or Adobe's commercial distiller, the
resulting text becomes fuzzy with light ghosting and jaggies if you zoom
in close.  Any ideas?  Font problem?  How can I fix this?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)