[lug] PPP0 problems RH7.1 w/ 2.4.2

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Fri May 18 17:02:23 MDT 2001

Hello all.

I'm stuck on 56k for a few days and have a lot that needs to be done over
the weekend, so i'm setting up PPP0 for the first time in over a year.
Wondering if i could get some help.

I did a debug with RH's Dialup Configurator and it died saying to check
the logs. In the logs I'm seeing:

Using ppp0
local IP xx.xx.xx.xx
remote IP xx.xx.xx.xx
read: Bad file descriptor(9)
Exit.
pppd 2.3.11 started by root
ioctl(PPPIOCGFLAGS): Invalid argument
tcsetattr: Invalid Argument
Exit

Anyone know what it's trying to say?? And what it might need? The first
time I tried RH PPP Connect app it crashed pretty hard but with only the
generic "xxx has crashed" message, and has been crashing since. So I don't
know if it had written a corrupt file maybe?

Thanks,

John