[lug] where to get latest mount

David A Merritt David.A.Merritt at noaa.gov
Fri May 18 21:32:48 MDT 2001

Rick,

Updating rpm on a RedHat 6.2 is easy. Get the following rpm's:

db3-3.1.17-4.6x.i386.rpm
db3-utils-3.1.17-4.6x.i386.rpm
db3-devel-3.1.17-4.6x.i386.rpm
rpm-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm
rpm-build-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm
rpm-devel-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm
rpm-python-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm

(you can get them from RH's rpm site, or I can e-mail them to you
privately as attachments).

Do rpm updates of the "db3" rpm's first:

# rpm -Uvh db3*.rpm

them do the same for the "rpm" rpm's:

# rpm -Uvh rpm*.rpm

At that point you have the new rpm version installed and the new
mount rpm should install.

Caution: it is possible that you will need to do

rpm --rebuilddb

after updating rpm itself, but I've only seen this happen on one
system so far.

-dam