[lug] Norton roached my Linux partition

arnie sherman asherman1 at uswest.net
Sun May 20 11:29:59 MDT 2001

John Karns wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, ljp said:
>
> > and if you remember what the partitions were like ( exact sizing that is)
> > use the linux fdisk to rewrite the correct partition labels and such. and
> > if nothing formatted or wrote to that space on the hard drive, you should
> > be able to boot linux.
> > The key is remembering exactly what the original partition sizes and
> > placement were.
>
> It's a good idea to have this saved off somewhere - 'fdisk -l >
> myDiskConfig.mightSaveMyRear.txt'  :)

    Good advice, and I'll make it one of my first moves when I reinstall.
Unfortunately I didn't write it down, so, no-go this time. Oh well, I guess I
chalk it up to experience, and use this as an excuse to check out a newer
distro than the COL2.0 I've been running. And maybe get Linux it's own machine
(or at least disk) sometime soon too.

And I think in the future old Dr. Norton & I shall part ways too.

Thanks,
--
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com