[lug] gpg question

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Mon May 21 13:15:32 MDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:
> >
> > i am seeing "gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!" come up every time i
> > issue any gpg command. i am running RH6.2 with 2.2.19
> > its seems like i didnt/dont see this on machines running the 2.4 kernel. i
> > am using gnupg-1.0.5-0.6.x
> >
> > is this something that this version of gpg puts out, or has it always been
> > there and i just missed it?
> >
> > thanks -cjm
> >

> I see the message too. Someone here probably has a more specific answer,

Yes, it is covered in the GPG installation manual, and there is also a
fix located there.  It has been a while since I read it, but if I remember
correctly it has to do with the temporary copy of the message held in
memory during the encription phase.  Anyway, check the documentation.  The
answer is in there.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)