[lug] CGI Generated PDFs and MS Explorer 5.5 Problems...

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Mon May 21 21:59:18 MDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Erik Tennant wrote:

> In my case, the user selected several checkboxes, and then submitted an
> HTML form which POSTed to a servlet that generated a pdf based on their
> selections..  I changed my form from a POST to a GET.. and IE
> auto-magically started to recognize the pdf correctly. Don't ask me why, I
> don't know.  Evidently IE doesn't pay any attention to the Content-type
> header that is returned from a POST url request..??  strange..

	That is strange! I did not try a GET if I remember correctly, and
even that did not work. I eventually gave up and generated the dynamic PDF
file to a web accessible location and redirected the browser to it. A lot
more work to implement, but at least now it works on both Netscape and IE.
	Thanks for the reply anyway. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |