[lug] vi wildcards becomes mod_perl/apache/asp

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Fri May 25 16:11:31 MDT 2001

>>>>> "John" == John Starkey <jstarkey at advancecreations.com> writes:

John> perl -i.bak -pe 's:<SPAN[^>]*>//g' *

you *do* realize that <span> is an element that really should have a
closing tag, and that you should remove the closing tag at the same
time you remove the opening tag?  :)

John> Know any tricks? I'm using perl 5.6.0 stock KRUD7 install.

CPAN::shell can be fragile.  i've had some good luck with it, but it
gets sulky behind firewalls and so on.  if it has trouble finding
particular modules, i suggest you download them yourself and do the
(easy) work of installing them by hand.  generally, once you have LWP
down and it starts using it (especially if you tell it that you prefer
an HTTP mirror site), you can start using the HTTP proxy and things
should get much better.

as for "hints", http://search.cpan.org ... finds what distribution
modules are in, easy to download from, pretty fast.  works for me.  :)

t.