[lug] [OT] Vignette info?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Sat May 26 13:23:21 MDT 2001

Hi John and all,

I must qualify this by saying I've never used Vignette (I don't
have the kind of money it takes to license it.. upwards of $10,000
just for the software license and not counting labor to build the site
with it. It could be a lot more than $10,000, it's not the sort of
thing you can comparison shop for.)

There are some threads comparing Zope and Vignette at:

John Udell on the V/Z
http://www.truerwords.net/167 John Udell on the V/Z

Phil Greenspun  of ArsDigita:
http://philip.greenspun.com/wtr/vignette.html Phil Greenspun

Paul Everitt talked a bit about the whole Content Management System
market in his presentation at TheCLIQ2001. I remember something
about CMS being an 8 Billion dollar market over the next 3 years
according to some large think tank (Gardner? ICG?). Vignette had
a 15% market share. Do the math.

John McCormack
http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2000-March/014992.html
  Suggests it's over $50,000

Are you working for a Fortune 500 company these days John? If not,
it's probably too expensive.

Try Zope. It's good for you.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com