[lug] boot floppy on RH 7.1

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun May 27 17:32:00 MDT 2001

Has anyone here ever installed a stock kernel (such as that from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.5.tar.bz2 ) on
Redhat 7.1? And especially, has anyone here ever made a successful boot
floppy for Redhat 7.1 using a non-Redhat kernel, through kernel source
compile "make bzdisk"? I am using SMP, so if your kernel works, I'm
interested in knowing if yours is SMP or single cpu.

Also, I have changed gcc to kgcc for these compiles, is this now
incorrect? I can only get my kernels from non-redhat sources to boot
floppies with "mkbootdisk", compile with "make bzdisk" seems broken in
RH 7.1 and RH 7.1 beta.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com