[lug] vi macro for paragraph justification

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed May 30 08:53:47 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Chip Atkinson
> Use the fmt command and apply it to a paragraph.  I do this all the time.
>  From "navigation mode" in vi:
> !}fmt

Very cool.  You have no idea how much this will help me.  I'm stuck using
emacs in viper mode and couldn't figure out how to get "gq" to work.  "gq"
does roughly the same thing as "!}fmt", but in viper mode under emacs "gq"
doesn't work.  "!}fmt" does, however.

Whoopee!

(It's the little things that make me happy)

--
Michael J. Hammel           |  "I don't like people.  They can't be easily
The Graphics Muse           |   categorized, referenced or explained."